单位全称：世界资源研究所（World Resources Institute）
Research Assistant - EMBARQ China
The World Resources Institute (WRI) seeks a Research Assistant for the transport sector under WRI’s Sustainable and Livable Cities Initiative.
EMBARQ, the WRI Center for Sustainable Transport, is seeking a Research Assistant to work in urban and regional development, transportation, and environmental projects in WRI’s China office. Established in May 2002, EMBARQ acts as a catalyst for socially, financially, and environmentally sound solutions to the problems of urban transport. EMBARQ focuses on cities in developing countries where air pollution, traffic congestion, and lack of access to clean and convenient transport are most acute and the poor bear the brunt of the problem. EMBARQ’s strategy is to foster viable government-business-civil society partnerships whose members are committed to finding solutions to the transportation-related problems facing the cities in which they operate. EMBARQ has already established local centers for sustainable transport in cities in Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Turkey, India, and China.
For more information about EMBARQ, please visit: http://embarq.wri.org.
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
Working with team members and external partners, the successful candidate will:
• Conduct research and analysis on sustainable transportation policies, technical solutions, and on-the-ground projects.
• Review international experiences in sustainable transportation options and analyze their applicability to Chinese cities.
• Support the development of practical tools, policies, and guidelines on sustainable transportation for municipal governments.
• Help organize external events, workshops, conferences, travel arrangements, and other project dissemination activities. Schedule and set up internal meetings and take/circulate meeting notes and track follow-up as necessary.
• Assist in some project and grant management work as needed.
• Assist with production, proofreading, and editing research reports, press releases, blogs, and papers in both English and Chinese.
• Provide administrative support to the Program Director as necessary.
• Support other activities as needed.
• Bachelor or Master degree (preferably in transportation planning/policy/engineering, urban planning/studies, or related fields) with an excellent academic record.
• Minimum 1 year work experience in urban transportation field, experience in transportation planning\urban planning would be a plus.
• Excellent oral and written Chinese and English, and outstanding communication skills.
• Excellent research, analytical, writing, and presentation skills, preferably with publication experience.
• Ability to work well in a team, handle multiple priorities, take initiative, and deliver under tight deadlines.
• Willingness to travel and to concentrate on field work as needed.
• Successful candidate may be required to take a writing test.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with academic and professional qualifications and experience.
Position reports to:
EMBARQ China Director
Close till filled
As soon as possible